Check out Mega Tech Keynote Speaker Juliette Powell, author of 33 Million People in the Room – we had a chance to interview her right before she went on stage.
Here are some additional social media notes from Juliette on how to get into the conversation:
- The key to building your social capital is to add value to your community. The more value you add, the more they start talking about you.
- Where do you begin? With the people around you. They have a huge influence on how you see yourself and what you are capable of.
- I want to hear from someone who’s on the inside; someone who gets it.
- Position yourself to become the ‘it’ person. Social media has a low barrier to entry, and gives you the potential to become a ‘microcelebrity’ – a person of influence and expertise within a particular community.
- When the market goes down, the value of relationships goes up. The more relationships you’re involved in the better positioned you are.
- Studies show that engagement correlates to financial performance.