On Thursday, May 8, Keller Williams associates around the globe donated hundreds of thousands of hours to their local communities during RED Day.
Short for Renew, Energize and Donate, RED Day is a global day of service and volunteerism for 100,000 Keller Williams associates around the world.
“RED Day was born out of the unique culture created by Keller Williams associates,” said President Mary Tennant. “The excitement and passion agents show for making a personal impact in their communities is a direct reflection of how they approach their work and relationships with clients.”
Around the world, associates participated in hundreds of projects to help their local communities, including:
- KW associates in Norfolk, Va., built play sets with the Roc Solid Foundation to provide a special gift for children battling cancer.
- In Jakarta, Indonesia, Keller Williams associates collected funds, books and clothing for children at a local shelter.
- In Conroe, Tex., a team of Keller Williams associates partnered with the East Texas Dream Center for women and children to redo the flooring and landscape the grounds.
- KW Southern Africa devoted time to painting a retirement home and hosting a tea party for elderly residents.
- In Mississouga, Ontario, Canada, associates dedicated the day to constructing a garden and revitalizing a facility for the Alzheimer Society.
- KW Vietnam organized a visit to the Long Hoa Orphanage Centre in Ho Chi M
inh City to surprise children with toys, food and school supplies.
“We are a tight-knit family and RED Day brings us even closer together,” said Keller Williams CEO Mark Willis. “We may not all be in the same location, but that’s exactly what makes RED Day so impactful across the globe. This day and our philanthropic KW culture will always tie us together.”
“Every year our associates continue to astound us with their extreme generosity and giving spirit,” said Mo Anderson, Vice Chairman of the Board. “There’s no doubt about it, KW has some big-hearted associates. The dedication they have for giving back makes us all proud to be working alongside these truly special people.”