Being a top real estate agent means being purposeful and strategic about your activities. And, the right activities at the right time will yield the right results. So how do you know what activities to do and, more importantly, when?
Mega agents and real estate leaders agree that the fourth quarter represents the best opportunity to take territory and create unprecedented opportunities for your business. It’s when traditional real estate slows down, and when you can speed up. This allows you to create momentum and seize market share.
We’ve compiled a list of key activities, as well as advice from top agents and industry leaders to set your business apart and up for success right when it matters most – the fourth quarter.
- Set a big goal. Resetting your goals in the Career Growth Initiative Calculator is the first step to achieving your best fourth quarter yet. The CGI Calculator breaks down your goal into the specific actions (listing appointments) needed to take more listings and gain market share. In The ONE Thing, Gary Keller and Jay Papasan write, “Visualizing the process – breaking a big goal down into the steps needed to achieve it – helps engage the strategic thinking you need to plan for and achieve extraordinary results.” Need some inspiration? Watch as Jay Papasan shares the powerful message of The ONE Thing at TedX.
- Track your numbers. After resetting your goals, leverage the straightforward tracking tools of the CGI to monitor your activities and the results of those activities, every day. Tyson Compton credits the CGI for giving him more time with his family and money in his pocket. After employing the CGI calculator and Pipeline Tool, he was able to successfully shift his lead generation strategy to focusing on his sphere of influence and triple his income.
- Don’t let complacency take hold. In the months preceding the fourth quarter, business tends to be abundant, which can lead to complacency when it comes to lead generation. As all successful real estate agents know, lead generation is the fuel for your business. So, it’s important to ramp up now. According to Jeff Quintin, there are five steps to becoming a massive lead generator. Leverage his advice and don’t let your current success limit your future success.
- Take action – right now. What you do today shows up 90 days out. That means that the leads you generate right now will determine how successful your fourth quarter is. To help you refocus, we've launched the Q4 Kickoff so you can have your best quarter yet! Make plans to attend our inspiration and education events. You can also re-review our Lead Gen for Listings toolkits. Each aims to help you gain more listings through topic-based learning and activities. From open houses to past clients, this week-by-week initiative provides everything you need to land more listings.
- Challenge perceived limitations. According to Mega Agent Noah Ostroff, “Our lives and our careers are determined by our acceptance or rejection of our perceived limitations.” That includes conceding to a slowdown in business in the fourth quarter.
- Create an abundant mindset. There’s a BOLD law that states, “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” Alignment in both action and mindset is what creates success, and when you register for BOLD, you are setting your mind for a phenomenal fourth quarter. For agent, Jesse Youmans, BOLD helped him shake his negative mindset to speak life into his situation and has him on track to quadrupling his production by the end of the year.
- Tap into your sphere. New agent Tasha Miller harnessed the power of her sphere by organizing her database and getting systematic about who to reach out to. She explained, “When I became a real estate agent, I assembled all of these old contacts into one big database (spreadsheet) and added columns labeled Met, Unmet, Contractor and the level of support I thought they'd be to my business: A, B or C. Each group received a different set of touches.”
- Learn from others. The beginning pages of The Millionaire Real Estate Agent features the following quote by Isaac Newton: “If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.” Every Monday at 1 p.m. (CT), you have the opportunity to learn from those that have been there and done that. Ask your market center leadership about the weekly CGI call and how you can tune in.
- Hold yourself accountable. Finding an accountability partner – whether that is your team leader, a coach, or a friend or family member – can often be the difference maker when setting out to achieve a goal. Make a point to share your goals for the fourth quarter with a trusted accountability partner so that you have someone else invested in your efforts. Agents and teammates Joseph Singsheim and Jeff Nevin have created a fantastic accountability system including a weekly meeting and mid-month checkup.
- Get to Mega Camp. If you’re looking to give a powerful shot of adrenaline to your business to help you refocus and surge ahead in the fourth quarter, Mega Camp is the answer. Write a new story for your business this fourth quarter – register for Mega Camp in Austin, Texas, on August 14-17, and learn even more ways to take territory.