This year, Jin and Anna Ro were able to do the unthinkable – take a family vacation. What seems normal to most people wasn’t possible for the pair until joining Keller Williams in 2015.
“We were so burnt out we were going to call it quits,” Jin recounts. “There were times we didn’t close anything for 4 - 6 months. Our expenses were everywhere and we didn’t have any goals or a system. It was chaos, and it was wearing us out.”
After joining the KW Irvine (Calif.) market center, the downward spiral their business was on reversed into an upward climb. From April 2016 to April 2017, Jin and Anna’s GCI increased 372 percent, closed sales increased 158 percent and the average sales price doubled.
The secret to their growth? The Career Growth Initiative.
Jin and Anna’s remarkable growth was made possible through Keller Williams’ Career Growth Initiative (CGI), and, more specifically, the Pipeline Tool. The Pipeline Tool is an agent’s follow-up list for buyers and sellers so they can track how they’re turning their goals into reality.
“With the help of our assistant, we figured out there were 2,800 people in our database, and business was falling through the cracks,” said Anna. “We weren’t prioritizing our contacts. The Pipeline Tool helped us identify active clients and focus on moving level 6 clients to level 10.”
A level 10 client is one who is ready to list their home within the month. The closer a client is to 10 in the pipeline, the closer they are to listing their property with the agent.
Jin and Anna share five ways agents can fill their pipelines with 10s:
- Have a clear understanding of what your client’s motivation is and revisit it often, especially if it’s time sensitive.
- Be clear whether the reason a client wants to wait is an objection or a condition.
- For sellers, offer to pre-market their property to your database and gather a list of pre-approved buyers even before it hits the market.
- Educate first. Provide your clients with valuable information (e.g., current mortgage rates, market activity, seller/buyer guides).
- For buyers, talk about mortgage rates and how each increase lowers their purchasing power.
The couple also implores agents to use the CGI suite.
“Through Keller Williams, we have a system that is helping us create a business by design, not by default,” says Jin. “The CGI is helping us live the life we want to live and is allowing us to provide more opportunities to our children and leave a legacy.”
Dig Into the CGI
Like Jin and Anna, the CGI’s suite of interconnected value tools can provide you an unprecedented view into your business so you know EXACTLY what needs to be accomplished in order to achieve all-new levels of production and profitability.
Take the first step to transforming your business today. Join the CGI call on Monday.