You’ve seen the photos, you’ve watched the news and you’ve heard the stories. Hurricane Harvey and Irma have brought devastation and chaos to families and communities across the southern US. And that includes thousands of Keller Williams associates and their families.
Our culture is that of giving back to the communities that we serve and lifting up those in need. That’s why we need your help!
KW Cares, a public charity created to support Keller Williams associates and their families during times of hardship, has launched a fundraising campaign called RED Relief to provide for those Keller Williams associates who have lost their homes and, frankly, their livelihood. In the Houston area alone, there are 4,000 KW associates. So math dictates that we need to raise, at a minimum, $20 million.
Help us reach this goal by getting on the phone with your database and joining with your colleagues to host a fundraiser in your market center or community.
Here are some ideas to help get you started:
- Call Your Database/Sphere: Reach out to your database, friends and family to share the KW story and ask for donations. Direct asks are always the best way to collect donations. Dianna Kokoszka, CEO of KW MAPS Coaching, has even put together a script you can use.
- Host a Potluck Lunch: Dishes are donated and diners pay a fee.
- Bad Pants/Hair Contest: Who has the ugliest pants in their closet? Who can come up with the most extravagant hairdo? Charge an entry fee to the contest and donate all proceeds to the RED Relief campaign.
- Singing Telegram! Do you have a message you have to send to your colleague? Instead of shooting them an email, pay $15 to have a co-worker deliver it to them in song!
- Dessert Sale: Rally your associates to bake delicious cookies and brownies and sell them for proceeds to benefit the RED Relief campaign.
- Tailgate Party: Gather your friends for the big game and collect donations for RED Relief.
- Garage Sale: Looking to downsize? Have a garage sale and donate your proceeds to RED Relief.
- Wellness Contest: Challenge your associates to be healthier by organizing a contest.
- Restaurant Night: Ask area restaurants to offer a percentage of their sales to KW Cares and then see how much your market center can raise by going out to dinner!
- “Dareyoke”: Gather your colleagues for a Dareyoke night! Here’s how it works: Someone throws $20 into the pot and dares another person to sing their song of choice. Others who want a piece of the action can put into the pot as well. Once the pot is as big as it’s going to get, the person who has been challenged to sing can either match the pot to get out of singing or sing away! (this is a no-expense fundraiser)
The greater purpose of business is to serve, so let’s band together to support our KW family who are in need. Now is the time to put our culture into action!