John Davis, KW president and CEO, has been named a Top CEO by Glassdoor, according to the company’s most recent report. Glassdoor, one of the world’s largest job and recruiting sites, released its annual report highlighting the top CEOs in several countries throughout North America and Europe.
Davis comes in at 30 among 100 top CEOs on the U.S. Large list with an impressive 95 percent approval rating. This honor is a direct reflection of Davis’s remarkable leadership and 20-plus year dedication to Keller Williams and its 180,000 associates.
Known for his energetic approach and limitless enthusiasm, Davis is a dynamic and resourceful leader with a track record of successfully developing KW market centers and regions. As team leader at the Dallas DFW market center, he helped transform it into one of the most profitable Keller Williams offices and repeated the success with additional market centers and regions. His strategy was simple: Hold powerful conversations with market center leadership centered on the core activities that will generate results. Through his coaching, healthy business practices flourished at a local level and agent production grew.
The system was formalized as the “Growth Initiative,” and soon Davis began traveling to other market centers and regions across the country with the model in hand. In 2011, he took the Growth Initiative companywide as Keller Williams’ vice president of growth and results quickly followed:
- 2013: Keller Williams became the top real estate franchise by agent count in North America.
- 2014: More associates called KW home than any other real estate franchise in the world.
- 2016: The Career Growth Initiative was launched to help individual agents set big goals and focus on the activities necessary to achieve them.
- 2018: In January, Keller Williams became the number one real estate franchise in agent count, closed units, and closed sales volume in the United States.
Business growth isn’t the only key indicator of Davis’s impact as a leader. Keller Williams has reached several cultural milestones since he took the helm as CEO in 2015:
- KW surpassed $1 billion in profit share distributions to associates in 2017.
- Training magazine inducted Keller Williams into its Hall of Fame of top training organizations across all industries worldwide in 2018.
- After Hurricane Harvey battered the Texas coast, Keller Williams turned its international conference, Mega Camp, into a weeklong disaster relief event. More than 4,000 associates traveled to Austin to participate in this week of service.
"I am humbled to be recognized among this incredible group of leaders and honored that I have the opportunity to serve our people,” says Davis. “Our associates' passion for building big businesses that benefit their families and communities inspires me each day. At Keller Williams, everything we do is centered on creating opportunities for our people to achieve more.”
About the Glassdoor Top CEO Award
CEO approval ratings are gathered through Glassdoor’s online company review survey, which gathers current and former employee sentiment about job and company satisfaction, the work environment and the culture. Employees are asked to rate a number of workplace factors like compensation and benefits as well as work-life balance, and asked whether they approve, disapprove or are neutral about the job their CEO is doing. In addition, employees are asked to describe some of the upsides and downsides of working for the company and provide any advice for senior management.