The first quarter is officially in the books, and Keller Williams agents are setting record on top of record on top of record!
By focusing on activities that drive results, the world’s largest real estate franchise by agent count and the U.S. leader in units and sales volume achieved significant technology milestones and surpassed 181,000 associates with a net gain of 3,914 agents across the globe. Additionally, associates achieved the second-best listings taken volume and third-best listings taken in the company’s history, while breaking nine all-time records for the month of March alone.
“Our associates are focused on building big businesses and, together, are achieving record results,” says CEO and President John Davis. “The value they’re creating is evident in every transaction they make and every community they serve. We are proud to be in business with associates who are committed to raising the bar in real estate.”
United States (U.S.-only production data in Q1 ‘18)
- Franchise is now home to 159,792 agents in the United States alone, as of March 31.
- Agents closed 213,071 transactions in Q1 '18, up 4.8 percent over Q1 '17.
- Agents closed $62.7 billion in sales volume, up 10.7 percent from previous Q1.
- Franchisee owner profit in the first quarter was up 3.4 percent over Q1 '17 to $35.1 million.
- Profit share increased 5.6 percent over Q1 '17 to $30.2 million.
- Agents took 174,149 new listings (new market inventory), up 8.8 percent over Q1 '17.
- Listings taken volume totaled $59.3 billion, up 18.2 percent over Q1 ’17.
- Agents wrote 264,007 contracts (projected closings), up 3.7 percent over Q1 '17.
- Contracts written volume was $78.6 billion, up 9.8 percent over Q1 '17.
Canada (Canada-only production data in Q1 ‘18, all figures in CAD)
- Franchise is now home to 3,155 agents in Canada, as of March 31.
- Agents closed 5,130 transactions in Q1 '18, up 4.4 percent over Q1 '17.
- Agents closed $2.4 billion in sales volume, up 6.1 percent from previous Q1.
- Franchisee owner profit in the first quarter was up 4.3 percent over Q1 '17 to $390,337.
- Agents took 5,662 new listings (new market inventory), up 15.3 percent over Q1 '17.
- Listings taken volume totaled $3.0 billion, up 33.2 percent over Q1 ’17.
- Agents wrote 6,133 contracts (projected closings), up 4.0 percent over Q1 '17.
- Contracts written volume was $2.9 billion, up 3.9 percent over Q1 '17.
Keller Williams Worldwide (outside the U.S. and Canada in Q1 ‘18, all figures in USD)
- Outside of the U.S. and Canada, the franchise is now home to 6,272 agents in 29 regions, as of March 31.
- Agents closed 5,787 transactions in Q1 '18, up 61.9 percent over Q1 '17.
- Agents closed $1.3 billion in sales volume, up 163.6 percent from previous Q1.
- Growth share increased 91.0 percent over Q1 ’17 to $446,842.
- Agents took 18,348 new listings (new market inventory), up 89.1 percent over Q1 ’17.
- Listings taken volume totaled $5.7 billion, up 121.7 percent over Q1 '17.
- Agents wrote 6,482 contracts (projected closings), up 45.7 percent over Q1 ’17.
- Contracts written volume was $830.4 million, up 69.2 percent over Q1 ’17.
Even as KW agents set new production records, Keller Williams is developing technology to help them be even more productive and better-positioned to service their clients.
Made clear during the Family Reunion Vision Speech in February, Keller Williams is a technology company innovating to deliver our agents access to data and insights like never before in products of their own design.
- KW Labs, the innovation hub of Keller Williams, conducted just under 100 labs with agents in Q1 2018 as part of ongoing research and development of technology fueled by agent and consumer insights.
- Referrals, KW’s agent-to-agent referral network and transaction tool, was rolled out in mid-February.
- Within Q1 2018, 4,674 agent-to-agent referrals were sent, representing an estimated $1.2 BILLION in sales volume, and OVER ONE MILLION network invites were sent.
- Kelle, Keller Williams’ artificial intelligence real estate business partner, was made generally available for download to all Keller Williams agents in mid-February.
- As of March 31st, 46,453 Keller Williams agents have downloaded Kelle, and had over ONE MILLION interactions.
- Training magazine inducted Keller Williams into its Hall of Fame of top training organizations.
- Keller Williams had 324 firms ranked on RISMedia’s Power Broker - Top 1,000.
- An industry leader, Keller Williams had 161 brokerages on the REAL Trends 500 by volume.
- Glassdoor rated Keller Williams 13 on its Top Large category for Best Places to Work in 2018.
- CareerBliss rated Keller Williams 1 Happiest Company to Work For in 2018.
Celebrate your success and share your incredible growth story with the Q1 Performance Report (U.S.) suite!
Included in this comprehensive marketing toolkit is:
- Customizable PowerPoint Template: Impress at your next listing presentation.
- Customizable Press Release: Leverage news outlets and gain market share.
- Social Media Collection: Share your performance with your sphere.
Please note: The Q1 2018 Performance Report Suite for Canada will be available shortly.